Microfiltration is a separation technology that removes all bacteria. Micro filtration can be implemented in many different water treatment processes when particles with a diameter greater than 0.1 mm need to be removed from a liquid.
Microfiltration can be applied to the following:
- Cold sterilisation of beverages and pharmaceuticals
- Clearing of fruit juice, wines and beer
- Separation of bacteria from water (biological wastewater treatment)
- Effluent treatment
- Separation of oil/ water emulsions
- Pre-treatment of water for nanofiltration or reverse osmosis
- Solid-liquid separation for pharmacies or food industries
WaterIcon has a complete range of filters for different applications including Toray, Dow, YarnHome®, HTComa™, Mighty-Pure™ and Filmtech.