Ultraviolet water treatment
Ultraviolet (UV) water purification systems and water treatment is used as a pretreatment or polishing step to sterilise and disinfect water, particularly water supply that is considered biologically unsafe (lake or well water). The ultraviolet water treatment process is a non-chemical method for destroying micro-organisms by altering their genetic material, and rendering them unable to reproduce.
WaterIcon’s ultraviolet water purification systems are simple to install and require little supervision, maintenance or space. UV lamps are simply replaced when they burn out.
Advantages of ultraviolet water purification
There are several advantages of using UV water treatment systems rather than a chemical water disinfection solution (such as chlorination):
- No toxic or significant nontoxic byproducts
- No danger of overdosing
- Effectively destroys microorganisms such as bacteria, Protozoan cyst, and viruses.
- Does not require storage of hazardous material
- UV water filtration systems are energy efficient
- UV water treatment systems adds no smell to the final water product
- Requires very little contact time
WaterIcon uses its range of Ultraviolet Water Filtration Systems to polish, sterilise and disinfect water.