Warehouse & Logistics Manager
APPLY NOW – Send your CV and Portfolio to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 26 March, 2021.
Who we are:
As the start and endpoint for every aspect of water purity and preservation in Africa, our customers, the environment, and preserving nature’s most precious resource is at the core of our business. We fulfil the unique needs of these customers and the earth through our specialised problem-solving techniques and highly skilled partners and resources. We build lifelong relationships with all stakeholders, ensuring ongoing, sustainable solutions, business practice, and growth.
To purify and preserve life’s most precious resource by improving the quantity, quality, and use of Africa’s water.
What we’re looking for:
Job Title: Warehouse & Logistics Manager
This is a permanent position located at the company’s Head Office factory in Modderfontein, Ekurhuleni. Salary & Benefits are market related and will be discussed in detail with the successful applicant.
The Warehouse Logistics Manager will report to the Operational Manager and will be responsible for implementing and utilizing all the policies and procedures that are involved in warehousing and will ensure that warehousing and logistics operations run smoothly within the parameters set by Watericon. The Store Controller/Dispatcher/Receiver and Store Clerk will report directly to The Warehouse Logistics Manager whose job description covers all varied, complex factors such as legal, organisational movements and management involving warehousing and logistics. The Warehouse Logistics Manager will be required to perform additional functions and duties, other than specified here, which relate to the organisation from time to time.
The Warehouse Logistics Manager at Watericon is a hands-on manager and duties include implementing safety, regulatory policies, management of human resources, overseeing customer service and response. The Warehouse Logistics Manager works to the continual improvement and quality processes that Watericon prescribes too.
Formal Education / Academic Qualifications:
Relevant Tertiary Qualification/s
4 to 8 years skilled experience in Warehouse logistics or similar position. Prior experience with extensive and comprehensive knowledge of logistic processes and procedures.
Certifications/Licenses and Registration:
A membership of an appropriate professional body will be advantageous
Valid driver’s licence
Forklift licence or other materials handling licences will be advantageous
Specific Knowledge and Skills
- Expert knowledge of technical and regulatory regulations related to logistics and warehousing Including safety and security regulations regarding certification of dangerous goods handling, road and aviation security
- Knowledge of logistics related to import/export and custom regulations.
- High degree of knowledge and understanding of a variety of manufacturing, project management and supply chain processes
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing will be advantageous
- SHERQ policies and procedures
- Motivation of others, development of others, teambuilding, self-awareness and a collaborative approach
- Ability to handle multiple projects and work independently
- Problem solving, self-Management and organisational skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Delegation or instruction giving, HR, report writing to upper management, disciplinary and coaching skills. The ability to influence individuals and teams to achieve set or desired goals
- High with the ability to work with Microsoft packages, ERP, BOM
- Able to analyse and manipulate technical and complex data and provide meaningful information
- Must be able to manage projects in an organised and effective way
- Excellent attention to detail
- Commercial and financial acumen with a full understanding of the impact of failure in terms of business cost, production schedules and customer fulfilment
- Confident, resilient and output driven
- Identifies and explores business opportunities and understands the business concerns and priorities
- Works cooperatively and flexibly with others
- Communicates clearly and persuasively: orally and in writing
- Exercises increasing care in looking after internal and external customers
- Fosters the development of members of the team, providing feedback, support, encouragement and coaching
- Adapts to work easily and effectively in different situations and embraces continual improvement and change in the organisational sense
- Guides, encourage and motivate individuals and teams to meet organisational objectives
- Decides on sources of action, ensuring that resources required to implement the action will be available and scheduling work to achieve required results
- Analyses situations, diagnoses problems, identifies the key issues. Establish and evaluate alternative courses of actions. Produces logical, practical and acceptable outcomes
Core Business Values:
- Ensures that the organisations Quality Assurance, Quality Control and Processes are adhered to
- Continuously seeks to improve processes and to reduce waste
- Adheres to the voice of the customer
- Encourages his department to be better, faster and to find new solutions
- Looks after his people and sees them as the best asset to the company
- Accepts that Safety is not negotiable. All functions operate under safety policies and procedures to ensure the wellbeing of staff and visitors
- Accepts that the Environment is not negotiable. All functions operate under environmental policies and procedures to ensure the wellbeing of staff and visitors
- Sets departmental objectives and KPI’’s and review and manage through the Performance Management system
Common Core Values:
- Is honest and reliable
- Is fair and even-handed dealing with internal and external customers and colleagues
- Provides high quality work ethic, output, advice and support services
- Uses resources responsible and cost effectively
- Treats everyone with respect, courtesy and dignity. Adult to Adult collaborative approach
- Is responsive to the needs of co employees, members of the public and customers
|KEY RESULT AREAS||TIME SPEND|
Watericon is a South African based water treatment company providing a full range of water treatment services for the industrial, municipal and residential sectors.
Based in Johannesburg, Watericon’s reach extends throughout Africa and we have successfully completed several turnkey projects on the continent.
Offering a unique portfolio of technology, we offer everything from emergency water supply and conventional water treatment processes to waste water reuse systems. In addition to our full range of expert water treatment services, we stock a large selection of high quality water systems, water purification products, water faucets and fittings and provide a one-stop source for filters and accessories.
We take pride in the fact that Watericon products are distributed and sold all over the world and we are associated with the highest qualified engineers who design and manage our water treatment plants.